Outlook Express 6.0 won't send emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drjay519

I receive emails at my MSN address but it has suddenly stopped sending them. I run a diagnostic which says it fixed the problem....but it doesn't. I keep getting emails from Microsoft saying you need to "log into your live.mail account and you'll see a picture and a number...then you'll be able to send emails" When I log into my hotmail account, I just go to my account as usual. No picure No number.
Any help is appreciated.
Jay

Win XP pro

Check your account settings in Outlook Express to see if they are set correctly for the MSN or Windows Live account. Did a password or anything change recently?

drjay519

I changed my password at Hotmail, but never made a change in Outlook Express. But that was over 9 months ago. Outlook stopped SENDING emails 3 weeks ago. I tried having OUTLOOK forget my password and then re-entered it. Re-entry with the old OUTLOOK password didn't work, but the new password for Hotmail ending up being the correct password now for Outlook. Odd...there must be some connection between the 2
Where in Outlook do I look to find the account settings you asked about?
Thanks
Jay

For starters you keep switching program name from Outlook Express to Outlook. Are you sure which one you have. They are two separate programs (Outlook is part of the MS Office suite).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online