1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6.01 and address book won't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ZCorker, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZCorker

ZCorker Thread Starter

Outlook Express 6.01 and address book won't work. OE won't come up and address book only saves entries to the shared identity option instead of the main identity option.

I called Microsoft and they suggested that Outlook Express needs to be deleted through the registry. They referred me to KB Article 263387. All of the steps in this article were carefully completed several times and I was unsuccessful at deleting Outlook Express and the address book from the registry. While completing these steps, the address book quit working and Outlook Express started showing up. However, if you clicked on address book or main identity in Outlook Express it would shut down.

Microsoft also had me try their OE Deletion Tool known as OE5REGCLEAN.exe. It didn't work as well. I would be willing to export a copy of my registry to anyone who wants to take a look at it.

Mickeysoft agreed to escalate the problem to their research department, but after several calls, they abandoned me. They didn't call me back and they dismissed me.

The deepest darkest mysteries of the universe are in my operating system.
    Can anyone figure this out?

:eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice