Outlook Express 6 Address Book disappeared

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

babbage-hot

My Dell computer is currently using Windows XP Operating System. For email, the program I use is Outlook Express 6. Several days ago, a short power outage caused the contents of my email Address Book to totally disappear. The same was true for copies of emails which had been received or sent. No one has been able to restore the vital contents (email addresses) in the Address Book. Obviously no one, including myself, can remember everyone's email address. This has caused a serious problem. I am hoping that someone knows of a way to restore the contents of the Address Book. Incidentally, there was no error message of any kind --- it just happened when the power outage occurred. Thanks. :confused:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 473321 MB, Free - 443249 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0N6381
Antivirus: Panda Internet Security 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

valis

in OE6, it's stored at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\xxxxxx.wab, where username is your accout login name. Alternatively, you can search for .wab files, and be sure to search for hidden files as well.

thanks, and welcome to TSG. :)

v

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online