Outlook Express 6 / address book Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patric333

I accidently clicked on the "X" and closed out the address book that was under the folders on the left hand side..I can still get to it but I want to know how to put it back to where it was before I clicked on the (close X ) button.. thanks in advance

pat..

In outlook express, click view, layout and check the 'contacts' box.

Thanks for the thanks Pat.
Alder,
Another way of doing it, bypassing the dbx folders. Create a folder on your desktop and give it any name.
Then open up outlook express. Once opened, minimise it a bit so you have the outlook express window open big enough to see the message headers, but small enough to see the folder on your desktop. You can then drag the messages, by the header/subject line into the folder. You can select multiple messages by selecting the first e-mail, then whilst holding down the shift button, selecting the last e-mail in the list. All in between will be selected. Then drag them to the folder on mass.
Transfer this folder which has now got copies of your messages in it to your desktop computer. Use the same process to drag the messages from the folder into outlook express.
You'll just have to create the outlook express folders you created on the laptop, manually on your desktop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts