Outlook Express 6 / address book Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alder343

New question on OE6.
I'm using Win XP Pro and Outlook Express 6 on my laptop.
My desktop also has xp pro and OE6.

In the Folders section on the left side of my screen I have added several different folders. My son Bob Jr. and daughter Barb. I have also saved several of their respective e-mails in their respective folders.
Now I would like to copoy said folder information ans saved e-mails into OE on my desktop.
I tried copying "ALL" of the folders in my laptop OE folder to my desktop to no avail.
I have Imported my address book from the laptop to the desktop with no trouble.
But how does one copy the "Folders files and information to the Desktop.
OE Help says to
"1. select an e-mail folde.
2 On the file menu, point to folder, and then click "compact"
3. To back up the folder, find the foldere file, and then copy it to the back up folder, floppy disk, or network drive.
outlook express e-mail foldeers have a .dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx).folders

I have tried all of the above. No help.
I even did a search on both the laptop and desktop for (*.dbx files)
No dbx files found on either machine.
Any and all help would be appreciated.
TKS Bob A

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi alder343

Yet another way to locate your .dbx files,

In Outlook Express, Tools>Options>Maintenance tab,
Click on the Store Folder button to see the directory in which your .dbx files are stored.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to that directory, if you still cannot see your .dbx files you will need to change your options in Windows Explorer:
View>Folder Options>View>Hidden Files>Show All Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts