1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6 and Hotmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cheztaz, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheztaz

cheztaz Thread Starter

Hi, I have added my hotmail addresses to Outlook Express 6. i want to be able to use OE6 from home to retrieve my messages, but also log onto hotmail from work to check them.

I have been told that I can leave a copy of my messages on Hotmail by using the OE6 mail Properties options and then the 'Advanced' tab, when I do this, I dont have an Advanced tab. I onle have General, Server, Connection and Security.
    :mad:
    Is there any other way I can change my settings to retrieve messages through OE6 and also leave them on hotmail.

Any help appreciated! :eek:

2. Deke40

Deke40

Go to OE\Tools\Accounts\Highlight the hotmail account\Properties\Advanced\Delivery\tick "Leave a copy of message on server".

Attached Files:

3. Deke40

Deke40

I got in a hurry and overlooked you statement of not having the Advanced tab. It should be there unless there is some kind of restriction on your pc.

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

that works thru the isp for pop3 mail.

i doubt very much if hotmail wants the mail left on the server, they have a size limit for each account.

5. cheztaz

cheztaz Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, but as said, dont have an 'advanced, tab. is there any other message retrieval service available that would let me do what I want? Or am I stuck with Outlook!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/308474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice