Outlook Express 6- deleting messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Geof

I hope this is a simple question...I have Windows 98 with Outlook Express 6. When I open my Outllook Express, it posts how many new messages I have that are un-read. I have been told, that if a virus/worm is in the message, it will be in my computer. So here is my question: When I open the listing page, which lists all the new "unread" messages in order, then the ones still in the listing as previously viewed, I notice the first message is displayed. Does this not cause a problem, if it is already open, as the first message always shows. In fact, when I try to delete, I cannot, unless I highlight the message, and it is pasted in front of me. How do I not open messages, just reading the heading, and using the delete button? Same with these messages when they are sent to the deleted folder???

Thanks in Advance,

Geof

First off go to OE\View\Layout\and uncheck "Show Preview Pane".

I am still working on your other questions.

PS-This should solve all your problems.

1)Follow Deke's advice.

2) To read emails without opening in Outlook Express:
Highlight unopened email.
Right click. Click Properties--->Details--->Message Source.
You might want to maximize by clicking upper right corner to make it easier to read at this point.

sekirt

Sekirt-I glad you posted that bit of info. I did it and remember some where in my old foggy brain doing that over 2 years ago when I first got a computer and quickly forgot it.

Only to be young again and not forget everthing so quick.

Thanks.

Just grateful thanks to Deke and Sekirt for concise effective answers. Tried it; it worked; a problem that has worried me now resolved.

(y)
Welcome to the TSG forum, junior members.
Teamwork here solves quite a few problems.

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online