1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6- deleting messages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Geof, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Geof

Geof Thread Starter

I hope this is a simple question...I have Windows 98 with Outlook Express 6. When I open my Outllook Express, it posts how many new messages I have that are un-read. I have been told, that if a virus/worm is in the message, it will be in my computer. So here is my question: When I open the listing page, which lists all the new "unread" messages in order, then the ones still in the listing as previously viewed, I notice the first message is displayed. Does this not cause a problem, if it is already open, as the first message always shows. In fact, when I try to delete, I cannot, unless I highlight the message, and it is pasted in front of me. How do I not open messages, just reading the heading, and using the delete button? Same with these messages when they are sent to the deleted folder???

Thanks in Advance,

Geof

2. Deke40

Deke40

First off go to OE\View\Layout\and uncheck "Show Preview Pane".

I am still working on your other questions.

PS-This should solve all your problems.

3. sekirt

sekirt

1)Follow Deke's advice.

2) To read emails without opening in Outlook Express:
    Highlight unopened email.
    Right click. Click Properties--->Details--->Message Source.
    You might want to maximize by clicking upper right corner to make it easier to read at this point.

sekirt

4. Deke40

Deke40

Sekirt-I glad you posted that bit of info. I did it and remember some where in my old foggy brain doing that over 2 years ago when I first got a computer and quickly forgot it.

Only to be young again and not forget everthing so quick.

Thanks.

5. Geezer77

Geezer77

Just grateful thanks to Deke and Sekirt for concise effective answers. Tried it; it worked; a problem that has worried me now resolved.

6. sekirt

sekirt

(y)
    Welcome to the TSG forum, junior members.
    Teamwork here solves quite a few problems.

sekirt

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice