1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6 - Export

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pfiltz, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pfiltz

pfiltz Thread Starter

When you export address book and/or messages from Outlook Express, where does it go, and what is the name or extension called. I'd like to get a backup of messages and address's, but am not sure where to look.

I'm running outlook express 6 on win 2K prof

Thanks

2. JSComputing

JSComputing

3. pfiltz

pfiltz Thread Starter

Thanks for the link.

I want to archive mail and addresses within Outlook Express 6. I want to place those messages and a copy of my address book in a safe place. I.E. DVD with other detailed info, or 2nd drive.

This was posted on the site..

12/09/2004
    Outlook Express Freebie Backup has been taken offline. I am making changes to the program and will reintroduce it at a later date. Meanwhile, Outlook Express Quick Backup will remain online. The intent of the program remains the same, to be able to backup a system's Outlook Express files and settings in case of some unfortunate accident. It is not a program for transferring OE from computer to computer unless you wish to do a bit of editing, which can easily be done if you are savvy enough. If you just need to be able to transfer the DBX files to another computer, it of course will back them up so you can IMPORT then into the second system.

4. JSComputing

JSComputing

I think the Outlook Express Backup program should do the trick. Otherwise you can export your address book to a .wab file etc by using the export option on the file menu.

Regards,

Jacob

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

it can be saved as a wab/windows address book or csv file.
    i don't export messages.

i do them to a floppy. :cool:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice