1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6 problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by volntitan, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. volntitan

volntitan Thread Starter

I have a problem with OE 6. On some emails I am getting, they have the w32 virus attatched, which Norton quarantines. I thought it was my computer, but just got a new computer and still happening. I am glad Norton is catching it, but the problem is I cannot open any attatchments from anyone, even those that come from trusted sources. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

3. volntitan

volntitan Thread Starter

Thanks so much....will norton be enough to filter any email virus's now that I have un-checked this box? I am getting a number of emails that are containing this w32 virus that Norton is catching...

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

volntitan
    Other than living in a plastic bubble there is no way to be totally protected. Someone has to get the virus first before it is reported and defined. If you keep your Norton Virus definitions up to date the percentages will always favor you for protection.

Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice