Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook Express 6 Problem

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 ·
When I try to send or receive mail in Outlook Express 6, I get an error message 0x800CCC0D along with socket error 11004. It's telling me the host cannot be found, to check that the server name is entered correctly. This began immediately after I clicked the stop button while I was downloading mail and then clicked on send/receive a minute later. My connection to the internet is fine. I checked all the vital information, POP3, SMTP, my password, everything. I removed all the information from my account and reinstalled it, still the same error! I checked with my ISP and everthing is okay on their end. What could the problem be?

#2 ·
it could be a problem in oe.

remove the account, reboot and add the account without a password.

#3 ·
0x800CCC0D means that OE can not find the server at the other end. Something in your server information is set wrong there may be an extra space in the address for the server some where or maybe a period is replaced with the @ sign and should be a peiod.

I would suggest going to your ISP's site and finding the server info and then copy and paste it into the proper area of outlook express.

#4 ·
I removed the account and entered the information again and still the same error. I tried it first without and then with a password. I have another computer with the same exact settings and Outlook Express works fine. Is there a way to reinstall Outlook Express over the existing component?

#5 ·
in my xppro/add/remove programs/add components, i can't ck/uncheck oe, not sure if yours can.

#6 ·
Actually, I have XP Pro. In Windows components, OE is checked by default and to the right the size shows 0.00MB. Other checked items show 0.00MB as well and some show a definite amount of used MB's. Internet Explorer is checked and shows 0.00MB. Is this a clue? Is something corrupt here?

#7 ·
Eflateab said:
Actually, I have XP Pro. In Windows components, OE is checked by default and to the right the size shows 0.00MB. Other checked items show 0.00MB as well and some show a definite amount of used MB's. Internet Explorer is checked and shows 0.00MB. Is this a clue? Is something corrupt here?
That's normal . . it's just saying that it is currently installed . . if you uncheck and reboot, you can then reinstall it the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.