Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook Express 6 Problem

863 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  eriknc 
#1 ·
I'm running Win Xp with sp3.

I accidently changed the location of my Store Location folder. I made a folder on my desktop called (email). I then exported all my messages to that folder. Inbox, Outbox, etc.

I did a system restore and got back the default location of my Store Folder. I can see all the Inbox File DBX, Outbox File DBX, etc, files in that (email) folder.

I tried importing the contents of that (email) folder back to Outlook Express 6. I followed all the prompts and then I get the message..
"congrats your data from Microsoft Outlook Express 6 was successfully imported into Outlook."

I open Outlook Express 6 and no messages are there at all.

Thanks in advance for any help

#3 ·
I did a system restore and got back the default location of my Store Folder. I can see all the Inbox File DBX, Outbox File DBX, etc, files in that (email) folder.
Where are the files located now? The default location should be here:
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{1D22A867-46B9-476D-9B82-3CCABA11307F}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

When you open that email folder, do the files have a .dbx extension or .eml?

Is any new mail showing up in the in box, or is it just the old mail that`s missing?

#4 ·
The files are now located in the folder I created on my desktop. I named it email. The files are in that folder and they all have the .dbx extenstion.

I did a "test email" and sent it to myself and it went straight to my Inbox in MS Outlook Express 6. That is the Only message I have in there now.

The default location is back after I did the system restore. Before I did a restore I accidently changed My Personal Message Store to C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Desktop/email

That folder is where all my messages got exported to. I want them all back to the default location C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{1BF5EA2D-7EFA-4B83-A3C6-288CD59785C5}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Hope that helps clear things up.

Thanks, again.

#5 ·
I did a "test email" and sent it to myself and it went straight to my Inbox in MS Outlook Express 6. That is the Only message I have in there now.
Where did the test email go? Is it in the default location, or the folder you created?

C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{1BF5EA2D-7EFA-4B83-A3C6-288CD59785C5}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
When you open this file , are the default folders(INBOX,OUTBOX,SENT ITEMS, ....ect....) there and just empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.