1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6 strips attachments from Outlook 2007 emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by techqs, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techqs

techqs Thread Starter

I use OE 6 on my desktop running XP pro, but use Outlook 2007 on my laptop running XP home. I cannot receive attachments sent from my Outlook 2007 to my OE 6 when I send it to myself. They are stripped off, not even showing an attachment. The attachment comes through to other recipients as far as I know, INCLUDING my alternate email address (through at&t). So OE 6 receives the attachment when I send it from my default email account to my at&t account, but not when I send it to from and to my default account. I have checked with my email provider, who has checked the server (IMAP) and they do not see any problem--the attachment is on the server. I have already unchecked all potential blocks under the Security Tab--image blocking and attachment blocking--and am operating in the Internet Zone. And, as far as I know, I am receiving attachments from everyone else in the world. I know there are ways to work around this problem, but it is irritating and I have concerns that my email attachments to clients may be unknowingly blocked. Also, I cannot receive those attachments on my Blackberry either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice