Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000 !!??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rowntree

Hi
I have been quite happily using OE 6 for a while now. I sign onto my broadband connection, hit send/receive and that's it...the emails come flooding in.
I thought I would install Outlook 2000 as I used it at work and it felt more familiar then OE 6. After I had done the installation I connected to broadband...hit send/receive in O 2K and was then prompted for the username and password, which was already filled in and the check box for saving the details was filled in (I have re-entered the password on numerous occasions...just to make sure it's correct). Everytime I click on OK the box it keeps reappearing and no email received or sent.
I then opened OE 6 and hit send/receive and the same thing now happens the box appears asking for the username and password, which is already filled in and correct. This never happened before, until I installed O 2K.
I've checked with my ISP and they confirmed they weren't experiencing any problems and my account wasn't locked. They also checked my settings with me and they were also correct.

Can anyone help? I want to get rid of Outlook 2K now...go back to OE6 and not be presented with the username and password all the time...it's driving me crazy.

I'm not sure at what point you are getting that message and from where.... but if you are getting the message below:

and it is already filled in - and it reappears - that is usually that your ISP doesn't like the info that it is seeing. I have seen problems in the past where everything looked fine to both parties and yet it didn't work. The ISP changed my password to another and it worked and then we both changed back to the original and all was fine. No explanation for why.

Check with them again. Perhaps they are mispelling something or using a space or something different from you.

- Castleheart :cool:

Attachments

OBP

Have you checked the following -
On the Main Menu Tools>Options>Connection>Change>Settings>Properties>Options>Dialing Options is the prompt for password etc box ticked?

rowntree

Thanks for your replies. I'll have a look at it tonight and let you know. I know for sure that the username and password are correct I went through this with the ISP.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts