1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express 6 trouble shooting

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rwart, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rwart

rwart Thread Starter

error message > address book data file C: document setting corrupt, can not use .... I am unable to set up an account and receive mail without these files. It suggests I reinstall but I do not have any back up files since it came already installed on the computer.
    I was given this laptop and using it with my DSL connection for my PC desktop ... it has Windows XP and IE 8 installed. Is there any way to correct the missing or corrupt files so I can use the mail server?
    :rolleyes:

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. rwart

rwart Thread Starter

Thanks Hughv, mutual feelings about Microsoft products... have you any input about Windows 7.... I currently have XP and hate the bugs I deal with all the time so hoping to find a better OS.... appreciate you thoughts. rwart

4. Hughv

Hughv

I've had Win7 for a while now, and it's much improved. Fast, almost crash proof, lots of improvements, but some unnecessary changes also.
    I t really depends on what you want from your computer. I have two computers running Ubuntu Linux, and there's a lot to be said for Linux.
    For email, I've switched everything to Gmail.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/937447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice