Outlook Express 6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ff18wife

What is the best way to back up saved e-mails from Outlook Express 6? My motherboard is on it's last legs and I want to make sure I back up as much as possible to CD. Thanks!!!

PS- Any recommendations on the best way to back up documents, pics, clipart, music, etc. would be appreciated also!

Search for all your .DBX files and copy them. You can then take these .DBX files and move them to a new computer (replace all .DBX on the new computer with your copied ones)

Rollin

To find out where Outlook Express has kept all your files:

1. Go to Tools / Options / Maintenance tab
2. Click on Store Folder

Just copy everything there to your CD.

Also remember if you copy them back from a CD, they will be read-only and this file attribute will need to be removed.

And if it is important, remember to copy your address book as well. This would be a *.wab file.

ff18wife

Thanks everyone for your responses.

How would I remove the read-only attribute?

-Denise

After you would copy them back, one way is to highlight all the files in the Windows Explorer and uncheck the Read-Only box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online