Outlook Express Account Settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Drinny

I have a problem with OE. Each time I log on and check for mail, I don't receive any, even though I know some has been sent to my inbox. A way around this is to go into Tools and Accounts and remove my Account Settings and then add them again. Then the email comes through. I have tried disabling McAfee Spamkiller and this still does not resolve the issue. Having to remove and add the settings each time I log on is a pain of course.....any ideas how to resolve this?
Thanks in anticipation.

etaf

Wayne
is the firewall blocking at all...
what happens when you do send and receive

Drinny

Send and receive is fine once i have reset the account settings. McAfee Firewall has never caused problems before. Is it possible that online updates have caused an unwanted problem? I am of course reluctant to disable it.

etaf

Wayne
when you look at the account settings are they set up correctly and you just re-enter everything
are the settings 127.0.0.1
these where used on older versions nav, avg, avast etc virus scanners

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online