1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook express acting differently

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jutty1224, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

The most recent 3 or 4 times i've opened outlook express to check me email, I usually close it when i'm out for a while like at work and keep it open when i'm home, instead of seeing each new message i have appearing in my inbox, they are all there all at once.

2. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

Does anyone know what brought about this change? What I'm trying to say, Whenever I open outlook express now, all new emails are there immediately and i don't have to wait for all new messages to be individually downloaded.

3. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Is O.E. running in background? If so the messages will download as they come in, according to your "send/receive" checker duration.
    Ben

4. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

Its not running in the background according to my understanding. When i'm not home for a while and when i go to bed I close outlook express, and then I open it when i come home or get up. When i open it, all my new messages are there immediately, that wasn't the case until last week. it would go connecting... authorizing.... checking mail.... receiving mail. there would be an annimated icon of a blue arrow dropping into an envelope, appearing... disappearing.... appearing, as each new message was downloaded. Now, its not like there. they are all there as soon as i open OE, just like webbased mail such a yahoo mail which you access in IE.

5. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Not to be picky, but just so I understand, IF you minimize O.E. (little line upper corner) then it runs in background, BUT if you're "x"ing out, then I guess I don't know why your experiencing what you are, sorry about that. Just for other info what's your operating system?,IE version?
    Ben

6. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Just a thought, In O.E.>tools>accounts>properties>servers?
    Mine says incoming.ISP.net & outgoing.ISP.net, where ISP is my provider. I now have Norton & instead of the little "arrow" on the little message icon in the notification tray I have an "magnifying glass" like it's "inspecting the mail. Before when I had the arrow as you mention, in those server boxes I had 127.0.0.1 which I believe is a local "register loop".
    Ben

7. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Hi, one additional thought, in your "servers" listing as above is it set fro POP3 ?, Not HTTP
    Ben

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice