Outlook Express Address Book: Import into Corel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SHRTYB

I am trying to import the address book from Outlook Express into CorelCentral Address book in WordPerfect. It lets me perform the import function in WordPerfect and says import successful, but it chops off the first alphabet in the "display name" field.

What do you mean by the first alphabet?? Do ya mean the first letter in the name? Is there an import wizard that takes you through all of the fields you are trying to import?

SHRTYB

Yes, the first letter in the name. No, there is not an import wizard that helps me through importing the fields.

sounds like there isn't a 'delimiter', ie a ' , ' or something to separate the words

try exporting the address book to a 'csv' file (comma separated values) and import that into corel/wp

Corel's Address Book and Outlook's Address Book (Contacts) are automatically incompatible and often the logical solution will not help. I have been struggling with similar issues for months and months. If anyone out there is familiar with these incompatibilities, please e-mail me so I can pick your brain about some of the finer points. It seems like the user above is not having a similar problem to mine (the conflicts between the CAB and Outlook all relate to Exchange and MAPI problems). Anyway, here's to hoping someone out there has all the answers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online