Outlook Express Address Book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lowcarm

Running XP Pro SP3, Outlook Express 6, Internet Explorer 8
Unable to use outlook express functions that require address book/reference. following error messages received:
When launching outlook express after system restart, get following
The address book failed to load. outlook express is incorrectly configured, please re-install.
When atempting to use Creeate, Reply, or Foward, get the following
There was an error opening this message
When attempting to access the address book, get the following
Unable to open the address book. The address book may not be initialized propertly.
All attempts to download/re-install outlook express 6 have failed! Looking for any suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your help.

If it won't reinstall, I suggest you go to http://www.mozilla.com and download Thunderbird, install it and import whatever you can rescue from OE. Thunderbird is a far superior e-mail handler anyway and OE has now been superceded by Microsoft with Windows Live Mail.

lowcarm

Thanks Saga Lout, for your suggestion. I have heard good things about Thunderbird (not the wine) in the past. This problem is on my wife's computer and I'll have to think about the downside of her learning to use a new interface.

Thanks Saga Lout, for your suggestion. I have heard good things about Thunderbird (not the wine) in the past. This problem is on my wife's computer and I'll have to think about the downside of her learning to use a new interface.

It's simplicity itself, I assure you but far be it from me to suggest the lady of the house may not manage it. She'll be used to it in minutes flat but you need only to install it for experimental purposes. If she doesn't like it, out it goes but it's less easy to export from T'bird back to a new installation of OE if you manage to get one in there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online