1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express address book

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by golfwidow1, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. golfwidow1

golfwidow1 Thread Starter

the Adress Book failed to load, Outlook Express is incorrectly configured , please re-install.

Outlook express 6 was working fine but I went to send an email out with several addresses and it would kick it back. I then got a single :( email and couldn't open it.
    I saved my messages and accounts in the stored folder and I saved my address book in csv. as told to by micro soft support. I uninstalled the outlook in both the add/remove ( windows components area) and I think when doing a change in registry they suggested too. I think I may have deleted something.
    I tried a restore of the computer but it didn't work. I do have a earlier registry saved on my desktop but don't know how to restore that.
    All this happened the night of the big updates from microsoft too. I even took off my email scan.
    I have got outlook express working again but it gives me the above message each time I reload it.
    I changed some of the files that had wab to old and in the registry I set the data to (0) at the dword area. I even changed the idenities in window explorer too. But I can't get the address book to load. I also can't import my messages that I saved , there is a blank in the wizard when transfering (no programs like outlook express). Like I said the accounts imported fine. I have a xp pro thinkpad with about 1.5mhz , 1GB ram, with office but I never used outlook, just outlook express. Thank you for the help.

2. gfne

gfne

3. golfwidow1

I also noticed that I can't reply or send emails , there is an error opening this message and error has occured.

4. golfwidow1

That didn't do anything, should I uninstall and reinstall again?

5. gfne

gfne

6. golfwidow1

I did that fix , but checked it again to make sure boxes were unchecked. I did the regedit too the only WAB had no value.
    Here is what my search got when I just put in wab and didn't do *.wab etc., that gave me nothing. But I now see lots of wab files.

7. gfne

gfne

Interesting... no wonder it can't find it.

8. gfne

gfne

Now I understood it, I had to re-read your post a few times...what are the names of the files?

9. golfwidow1

The first four are program files/outlookexpress
    next 4 are windows\servicepackuninstalled
    next 5 windows/with different numbers
    next3 are help
    next 2 are wab50 inf files
    next 1 is wab.exe with prefetch
    next 1 is OUTLWAB program files office
    next 4 are windows service pack i386
    next 4 are windows system 32 cache
    next 4 are windows with $ hf
    next 2 are wab.exe windows software distriburtion /download
    next 5 are documents and settings/username/desktop
    next 1 is OUTLWAB.DLL windows installer \patch
    next 1 is oewab windows documents and settings\username \desktop

10. gfne

gfne

re-evaluating your post #6 after a break suggest the file doesn't exist, nor is there a pointer to it. Any chance I can have you reinstall it?

11. golfwidow1

Sorry , had to sleep. What file should I reinstall?

12. golfwidow1

Should I download another outlook express 6 from microsoft?

13. gfne

gfne

First, uninstall the whole program. I believe via control panel add/remove programs. There may be two possible lists. Non microsoft programs. and microsoft programs. You might have to change a tab or something to see the outlook express to uninstall it.

14. golfwidow1

Sorry had to work. I uninstalled it. Before that I tried to do register the libraries as microsoft said in repairing outlook express but in search none came up. I just did a dll search and I saw all but the msjava.dll. I then couldn't do a regsvr to them though. I then quit.

15. gfne

gfne

Do you just need outlook express to work, or you need to save the emails as well (although the address book seems missing)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice