1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Agro with Emails!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Wishing Bubble, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wishing Bubble

Wishing Bubble Thread Starter

Hi, I need some help please from the Tech Angels here... ;)

I can't seem to send and receive emails via OE. Every time I attempt I get the following error message:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

I have contacted NTL broadband technical support and was told it's a problem to do with my operating systerm - Windows XP Pro. Their website status said they had been working on the problem for the last day or so and it's now stating it's RESOLVED....but I still can't get or send any emails! I did have a glitch where I had to do a system restore after I lost all internet access after changing my mouse! but it all worked afterwards even the email. Anyone got any ideas???? please........ :eek:

2. BillC

BillC

Here is a link to a help site for the error you are getting. Try going through their trouble shooting steps.

3. dugq

dugq

Most common causes of this are antivirus software (especially Norton) or a corrupt email (receiving only)
    What AV do you use.
    You could try the NTL webmail to delete the emails its getting stuck on

4. Wishing Bubble

Wishing Bubble Thread Starter

Hi all

Thanks for the advice...turned out to be Nortons as the culprit. Am ok now, and have ditched Nortons in favour of PCCillin....thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice