outlook express -attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

togapeople

I cannot receive photo attachments on my outlook express. I have tried opening them and I have tried saving them. Nothing works. Can anyone help? thanks

togapeople

I just tried going to tools, options, send, anc checked HTML for mail sending form. Thank you for suggesting this but my options were already set to receive mail in the HTML format. Any other ideas?

togapeople,

It could be your security settings.

In OE go to Tools > Options > Security and uncheck the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

Keep in mind that this may leave you open to virus attacks from attachments, so be very cautious when opening them.

You say that you can't receive photo attachments and yet you go on to say that you can't open them or save them. Could you be a little more explicit as to what the problem is; also if you are receiving the photos with the emails what file extension are they and also what photo viewer(s) do you use.

togapeople

Thank you for your suggestions. You asked me what the file extensions are. The messages that I am having trouble with don't seem to have file extensions on them-which leads me to believe that the problem lies in the sending computer-not mine. With these text attachments, I can only view them if I do the following: click on "attachments"/Forwarded Message/open it (message is blank)/File/properties/details/message source.

With photo attachments (except from the one computer mentioned above which I cannot receive) they come to me as inserts-not attachments....or sometimes both inserts and attachments.

I'm sorry I did not respond earlier but this whole problem seems too complicated to explain but I do appreciate your ideas. Thanks.

Not sure but it sounds as if it is embedded. Try this.
Forward the message as Plain text, and rightclick-Drag the file out of the header, onto the desk.

For message source, an easier way is Ctrl+F3.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online