Outlook Express .bak files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reyhani

Hello all.
I got a problem with my fathers computer. I personally havent really dealt much with Outlook express so i was hoping i could get some help from you guys.
For some reason my fathers emails were backed up and are gone now. A dialog box came up asking if he wanted to backup. He presses Yes and now all emails from yesturday till 9months back are gone. Any ideas where i can get them back from? Any help at all will be appreciated. OS that he is running is Win XP Pro and Outlook Express that basically comes with that.

Thanks muchly

Edit: Also i might want to add that there a lot of .bak files in the recycle bin. I believe these might b the old ones? im not sure. I cant find any other .bak files anywhere else. Is there a way to import .bak files into outlook express?

See if the mail is here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{F7A9F61B-9E31-485B-8C84-9320A1C84CAF}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Where it says username it should state your father's name.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online