1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express: can send but not receive

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Elektra, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elektra

Elektra Thread Starter

Since the Windows critical update in early August I often find that when trying to get my mail OE connects to the server but will not procede to authorize the password so I cannot receive mail.

I found a temporary solution by closing the program and reopening it but sometimes I have to do that 3 or 4 times before it works.

Are there any known issues relating to this and if so has a patch been released?

2. sekirt

sekirt

3. Elektra

Elektra Thread Starter

Thanks but there's nothing of relevance there. I know of someone else having the same problem which is why I posted here. Until I heard from her I thought the problem was unique to my machine so kept it to myself.

4. sekirt

sekirt

Whoever may help you, will need more information. When posting, always state your OS and version number along with names of programs and version numbers involved in your problem.

You might try repairing Internet Explorer (which also repairs OE).
    Can't give you specific instructions without your version of Windows.

sekirt

5. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Just call your ISP's technical support phone line and request assistance with your connectivity issue. That's what they're there for and I'm sure will be happy to help you.

6. Styxx

Styxx Banned

If you ever suspect your version of Internet Explorer/Outlook Express needs repairing, or are instructed to do so:

Internet Explorer 5/6.x comes with a repair tool. To use it, go to the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel; Scroll and click to highlight 'Microsoft Internet Explorer 5/6.x' in the Install/Uninstall window; Then click on the Add/Remove button; Select 'Repair' the current installation of Internet Explorer radio button; Click on OK. Restart your computer when prompted.

7. sekirt

sekirt

Since Styxx chose to offer details for repairing IE before knowing what version of windows you have....you should have the directions for Windows XP as well.

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

sekirt

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice