1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Cannot Delete Inbox e-mails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bjohn, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

I have windows ME and I have the same problem with my O.Exp. ( I don't even have Outlook) Anyway, I just Go to the top and click on EDIT and then DELETE...presto

2. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

oops, I guess I spoke too soon. now it's not working.

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi bjohn

To avoid confusion I have moved your post to its own thread.

You are unable to delete messages in the Inbox only or from any folder including the Deleted Items folder?

4. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

whoo, now it's all screwed up. My O.Xp. is gone? There must be a lot more to "recreate your email account" than in sounds. How do I revert?

5. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

I imported my messages, and retrieved them, but why does my O. Ex. look entirely different? I just "Imported" my main identity and things seem to be back to normal, whew!....I think.

6. EAFiedler

Hi bjohn

Please continue replies in this thread for your issue.

A new Identity will look different since it contains only the Default folders.

Glad to hear things are working as they should. :)

7. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

Q: "You are unable to delete messages in the Inbox only or from any folder including the Deleted Items folder?"

A: regarding which folder....both. I can delete the first few messages, but then the prompt comes up....Server Does not Support Manual Deletion....

8. EAFiedler

Is this still a problem? :confused:

9. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

I went ahead and created the new I.D. properly this time and have exported all of my mail and address books. But I am apprehensive to delete my original Main Identity. But so far my main problem is solved. thanks....

10. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

I have a POP email account and a hotmail account in my Outlook Express. Can't I select one or the other address as my "From" address when sending an email?

11. EAFiedler

In the From: field there should be a drop down arrow to the far right, click it to choose the e-mail account you wish to use.

The drop down arrow for the From field only appears when there are two or more e-mail accounts setup in Outlook Express.

12. bjohn

bjohn Thread Starter

Thanks. I didn't have a drop down field any more since I created a new identity to fix the un- deletable problem I had. I finally figured out I had to re-establish an Internet Mail account in Outlook express. It seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the reply. I love this website.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice