Outlook Express causing disconnection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moonifa

Hope someone can help me with this. Last night I downloaded a handgun screensaver with music. This morning I noticed that as soon as I brought up Outlook, I would be disconnected from the internet. I uninstalled the screensaver thinking that since it was the only thing to change, it must be the culprit. I also noticed in Windows Explorer that I had two G: drives listed although they didn't show in My Computer.
I even went into regedit and found the keys for the screensaver and deleted them and re-started my PC. Still, I am getting disconnected when I try to use Outlook to download my email.
I can usually trouble shoot but this has me stumped. Anyone have any ideas or links for support? Thank You! :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I guess that Microsoft is into gun control, and that screen saver offended them. :D

It sounds like you got a bit more than a screen saver with that download, did you do a AV scan? How about a spy-ware scan with something like AdAware?

moonifa

That was cute! (Actully a lot of ISP's ARE anti-gun).
But yes, I have AV on my PC, and I used SpyBot to scan my entire system. So far I have found nothing on Microsoft support. I may need to re-install IE 5.5 but I sure hope not! Thanks for your feed back.
:) Moonifa

moonifa

Okay, I have solved the problem of being disconnected. But now I have a new one in it's place. Outlook Express downloads my husband's mail into my inbox, and my email into his inbox!!! GRRRR! :D Any ideas out there! Moonifa

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online