1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express chain letter....

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by syxxpak69er, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syxxpak69er

syxxpak69er Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me how i can stop a chain letter. My Brother not knowing sent a Teresa Parayer and i think it's a chain letter because i can't stop getting it. I delete it and it still comes back over and over and over etc. It is keeping me from recieving other important email. Please help if you can thank you.

2. sekirt

sekirt

1)Do you mean you are getting responses because of the chain letter?

Trouble is, you didn't say if you are using Outlook Express or not.
    If so, set up message rules to stop it. Click Tools--->Message Rules--->mail.
    If you have AOL or web mail, check with them how they handle SPAM.

2) Or do you mean the same copy keeps coming in, over and over?

Again, it would matter what you use for email. For Outlook Express, it could be a corrupted file.

When posting, always state your version numbers along with the names of programs involved in your problem.

sekirt

3. syxxpak69er

syxxpak69er Thread Starter

Sorry sekirt yeah i use outlook express and yeah it's the same file over and over again, but all is good now. I saw another post on here that someone recordmended mailwasher so I downloaded that and it worked. Thank you for the reply anyways.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice