1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook express crashes internet connection

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fabiogump, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fabiogump

Fabiogump Thread Starter

I'm having a problem with one of the Identies I use in outlook express. Everytime I remotely try to do something in it(ie. check e-mail) it crashes the internet connection.

I've turned off just about every connection related item I can think of and nothing works.

anyone know what's going on?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Have you tried recreating it?

3. Fabiogump

Fabiogump Thread Starter

It doesn't looks like I can do that, it's the "main identity" that has the problems, it won't let me remove it.

Wouldn't that wipe out the e-mail account? This isn't exactly my e-mail account I'm working on, I doubt if I can back up all the e-mails.

4. newtime

newtime

You can't delete an identity when you are in it, but you can from another identity. Although the main identity is there when you first boot up oe, so deleting it and then recreating is unlikely to solve the problem, but worth a try. I don't think identities are ever really deleted anyway, because when we did that and then recreated them, they came back with address book details intact! good luck!

5. Sharon D

Sharon D

Have you tried a repair of Internet Explorer? Outlook Express & I.E. are tightly integrated. To repair: Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add\Remove. Highlight "Microsoft Internet Explorer", click on the Add\Remove button, choose "Repair Internet Explorer".
    Let us know how it goes. :) sharon

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/52532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice