outlook express DLL. problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chucksgirl

Hello again,
I was getting an error in OE that was a DLL
I was advised to reinstall OE. I tried to and after a few false starts, the problem was fixed. However, when ever I start my computer I get a message that the download to OE was incomplete and that it is recommended that I not finish the download.
No matter how I answer the do you want to continue? question, I cant get rid of the initial pop up. Please advise.

Reinstall OE from scratch following these directions.

To reinstall only Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, use the following
registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

Change the value data of the IsInstalled REG_DWORD from 1 to 0, and then
click OK .

Quit Registry Editor, and then download and install Internet Explorer 6 SP1
and it will reinstall only OE 6..
http://tinyurl.com/1ec9

chucksgirl

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I have it installed enough that it solved the problem. Do I have to completely reinstall to get rid of the message on start up? Will I lose my email? I did lose the messages that were in my inbox last time.
I am running ME
Thanks again

chucksgirl

I am running the Windows ME edition. That box about the download being incomplete is driving me nuts. Is there a quick way to get rid of it? Obviously, I am not very saavy! Thanks

The advice is the same. Reinstall OE and when it completes successfully, your problem should be gone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts