Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0F

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aufan

If I try to send an email with a large attachment (2MB), I get the following error (the following text was copied from Microsoft's help site, but the content is very similar):

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account. account name, Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): N0, Error Number: 0x800ccc0f

Also, when someone sends me an email with a large attachment, Outlook gets stuck while trying to download it. I have to use the web mail capability to delete it. Once I remove the email with the big file, everything works fine.

I have tried researching this on the Internet. I am using Windows XP and using the firewall in Windows Security Center. I am not using Zonealarm or Norton Firewall. I am using Norton Antivirus, but I can't find any setting for scanning emails. As long as I send text emails OR emails with small attachments, everything is fine. Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online