1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express error message

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bethrypins, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bethrypins

bethrypins Thread Starter

outlook express error message 0x800CC0d. Error message says to check server names and settings etc, which I have done. All pop and SMTP settings are correct. Everything was working fine until 3 days ago. I thought it was a virus, but have scanned the computer with Norton's online scanner. Thought is might have to do with our direcway satellite server, but they say it's not them. Thought it might have to do with wireless networking, but I've uninstalled the software that supports that.

This is an HP desktop pavillion. Windows 98 SE.

Thanks for any and all suggestions. Beth

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Are you sure about that error number? Thats a very odd one.

Perhaps its 0x800ccc0d?

If so, can you confirm that you are not running a firewall, as these things can cause problems.

3. Denim

Denim

I was wondering something , And I hope it is ok for me to ask about an error question Regaurding Outlook Express 6 here as well, if Not sorry for the boo boo. As I didnt want to start another thread and create more mass confusion , than there already is . LOL. ( AKA Blonde moments . LOL)
    Any Way I tried to Export my Messages out of Outlook Express, Back into my sbcglobal.net Acct . (dont ask how they got into outlook express lol , as that is another boo boo that this dingy blonde did . LOL) But any way when I tried to export them from outlook to SBc globlal (my Yahoo acct) aka ISP. Out look kept giving me this error message that read
    ERROR!! Outlook cannot Export, Because it cant find the MAPI files.
    Now What is the Mapi Files, And what do I need to do to fix the mess . LOLL Outside of shooting the puter LOL.
    Thx Abunch for your Help !!!
    Denim!!!

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Firstly, you talk of Outlook Express, then of an error in Outlook.
    Which program is it?

They are two totally separate programs.
    Outlook Express is usually loaded as part of Internet Explorer, and is free email program.
    Outlook is a Personal Information Management (PIM) program, part of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, and is not free.

MAPI is the Messaging Application Programming
    Interface.

If you copy your error message exactly (no spelling errors, its critical) and use it for a search phrase on www.google.com, you will likely get some good pointers. Post back here in a separate thread if no resolution.

5. Denim

Denim

Oops Sorry bout that I was tired on that last post.
    The error Message OutLook Express Said That it could not Find the Imap.dll Files ,when I tried to export messages out of it back to my SBCyahoo Account. So sorry for the Error Kiwiguy.
    A blonde moment.
    Denim,
    Thx for Helping me out Kiwi. And so sorry for the error.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice