1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ian.t, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ian.t

ian.t Thread Starter

I am receiving the following message when trying to close OE version 6 (on a win xp Home system)

The instruction at "0x77f536f9" referenced memory at "0x007f4d3c". The memory could not be "written". Click on ok to terminate the program.

Anybody know what on earth this means ?

thx in advance:)

ian.t

2. KateB

KateB

3. KMull

KMull

My thoughts on this are:

1. You need to clean out your Sent Mail folder (you'd be surprised how full that can get with just text messages)

2. Empty out your Inbox folders and definately empty out the Deleted Items folder.

3. In the case of #1 & 2, the .dbx files are the files that contain all of your mail (inbox, deleted, sent, etc). When you don't delete them, those files get bigger and bigger and possibly can't write to them any longer as they are so huge.

4. Like the MS article also suggests, that one (or the only) identity (the user name you log into OE with) has become corrupt in the Registry. The only solution it seems is to follow their steps and fix it there. But be sure to back it up first.

4. ian.t

ian.t Thread Starter

Thanks for that !

I do tend to keep work related email in a seperate folder. Maybe its time to give this a spring clean. I do empty the 'deleted' and 'sent items' folders regularly though.

I'll also look into the possibility of a registry problem

Thanks again

ian.t;)

5. sheenash

sheenash

I am having a similar prob. to Ian T. above. Instruction at Ox77f52004 referenced memory at Ox0007f4770. Memory could not be "written". I recently had to reinstall Windows from the recovery disks. I use freeserve as ISP. I have emptied the Deleted items folder and uninstalled AVG but the Application error msimn.exe with this message still comes up when i close Outlook Express. What do I try next? Why is it happening?

6. sheenash

sheenash

Followup to question above. I got the solution from Freeserve help online altho' it did not sound like the answer to the question I asked!
    I went into O. Express,then View, then Layout and removed tick from Infopane box ( what's that for?), clicked Apply and OK and there it was gone and has not come back-yet!
    By the way, I am a "silver surfer" not a junior member-must have ticked a wrong box here as well!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/121933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice