1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express - Export selected addresses?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by philocalist, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. philocalist

philocalist Thread Starter

I know that its possible to export / backup my address book in its entirity. Is it possible to perform an export or backup of selected addresses only, in such a way that they can then be imported to the address book on another machine?

2. Moby

Moby

You can open up your address book, select the people you want (hold down the control key to select multiple entries) and right click, copy.
    Then paste them to any folder of your choice. Move them to the other computer via the usual options (floppy, CD, thumbdrive etc), then copy and paste them back into the open address book on the new computer.

3. hansmax

hansmax

That is way too slick, Moby. I had no idea you could do that. You have provided for me this week's "Encounter with Knowledge That Will Change My Life." Many thanks.

4. philocalist

philocalist Thread Starter

Thanks Moby, already aware of the option, but copy / paste from the resulting text file is very tedious... I'm looking to transfer several hundred addresses selectively from an address book containing several thousand addys! What I really need is to be able to use the import / export option, but with selected addresses only, not the entire address book

5. Moby

Moby

It's not a text file, the whole contact is copied as a contact file. Nothing to do with a text file.
    Your only choice is to be clever in how you select the choices from your address book, using the control and shift keys to select variants of groups.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice