1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Extremely Slow

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kristabelle, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristabelle

kristabelle Thread Starter

Whenever I try to open email in Outlook Express 6, I have to wait sometimes up to 2 minutes for one email message to open.

I've used Nortons to check/fix/defrag my C drive. This seemed to work for a few days but the problem returned. I repeated the "Nortons" procedure but with no luck the 2nd time.

I re-installed Windows 98SE using the installation disc - this did not help.

When trying to run Outlook Express, I've received the following message:

"The OEMIG50.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:Reg Override PredefKey"

Can anyone suggest a fix for this perplexing problem?

2. Dingenium

Dingenium

Microsoft's Support Base has an article about something similar to this:

Microsoft

Most of the time, you can fix problems like this by just extracting the file, running SFC, or reinstalling Internet Explorer.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Error messages like that usually indicate version mismatches. If the error message follows the Windows reinstall it is likely that created the mismatch. What you need to do is update or remove and reinstall Internet Explorer, which should include OE unless you choose a minimal install.

There are a number of causes for OE loading slowly. See this link for a list of them to check out. I'll move you to the Web and E-mail forum for further help; I really don't use OE myself and that is the best forum for it.

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/index.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice