1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express freezes when opening attachment

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by intrepidchic, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrepidchic

intrepidchic Thread Starter

When attempting to open an attachment, which most of the time are MS Word documents although other ones as well, Outlook Express freezes up. I am using Windows 98. I have to hit C/A/D and hit "End Task" twice to close down the program. The second time I do that routine, the message Msgsrv32 Not Responding is in the message box where I "End Task".

What I've done so far from tips I have gathered:
    1. I've ensured that my security setting was unchecked in the virus protection ("do not allow attachments to be saved....)
    2. I've tried deleting the normal.dot document and rebooted.

Neither of these have helped. Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice