1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express has disappeared!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by clwyd, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clwyd

clwyd Thread Starter

I've just used Thunderbird to view mail with the intent of moving to this or using on a Win7 netbook. This downloaded the latest emails and offered to "integrate", which I rejected. After sending a couple of replies I then exited to use OE only to find that this has disappeared completely from the desktop and does not appear in "Programs" - all my emails have vanished !!!
    Can anyone help. This seems even more disastrous than those who have just lost all emails - any hope of recovery. I've just realised I can try "System Recover" (or whatever) - if this does not work I'll be back. Any ideas as to how this can have happened?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Outlook Express does not work on Windows 7
    How were you using OE on that PC ?

3. clwyd

clwyd Thread Starter

I was working on a PC with XP with A VIEW TO using Thunderbird on a Win7 netbook! ... just because I can't use OE on it!
    Thankfully Sys Restore has given me back my emails and OE, but I'd like to know whether a Thunderbird bug caused the loss of OE; it seems a very dangerous and odd thing to happen. I deliberately opted out of the "Integration" option IN CASE it might have messed up my mail! Some hope!!!

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have used thunderbird on XP PCs to migrate email from outlook express and it has always worked very well.

So I don't know why you had the issues

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice