1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Hotmail Folders Disappear

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by standen7, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standen7

standen7 Thread Starter

I seem to have the same problem as one posted by "aussiegirl" on 1 July 2006 shown below:
    "Hi, I have a hotmail account, but prefer to use OE for sending/receiving. I am on dialup and loading a page for every email is too slow.

This past week, every time I've opened OE, Ive had to synchronize the account to show the hotmail folders. Then every message in each folder has to be re-downloaded. 'Set program access and defaults' is set to use OE, but each time I return to that page, the settings have been changed.

Today I had OE open all afternoon while writing emails and all my folders disappeared again and a message appeared "there are not any folders to show for this account. would you like to view a list of available folders now? y/n". I dont know why this is happening, but I would just love my email folders to stay put for a change
    ."

Aussiegirl's thread is marked as "Solved" but there are no clues in the replies as to how the problem was solved. I have tried to email aussie girl for a solution but she has opted to not receive emails from members.

I use Windows XP home (SP2), AGV 7.5, Outlook Express 6 and IE 7.0

Can anyone help me please?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice