Outlook Express & Hotmail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

G_Man

I would like to check my Hotmail account from Outlook Express. Since they're from the same company, I figured it would be easy. Wrong! When I open tools...accounts...new... and follow through with the requested information, it eventually asks if I want POP3/HTML/etc. I pick HTML and then it asks for the address of the POP3 server. I try inputing the URL for hotmail, but it fails when sending/receiving. Has anyone configured Outlook Express to do this????

What version of Outlook Express are you using? I recommand version 5 or 5.1. After selecting HTML you should select Hotmail, the POP3 option should be grayed out.

Dan-O :)

G_Man

I'm using Outlook Express 5 (version 5.00.2919.6600).. I don't see any option anywhere to choose Hotmail. Can you point me in the right direction?? Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online