Outlook Express & HTML query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilnrobn

Bill
I have several different email stationery alternatives set up in OE and have only recently discovered that some people receive them as sent and others just get the message but not the picture etc heading the stationery.
I think the reason is that OE's stationary is in HTML and some computers are not set to receive it.
Can anyone confirm this and perhaps tell me what I should advise affected recipients of my mail to do to overcome the problem?

If they have service pac 2 advise them to:

Open Outlook Express 6.0.
Click Tools, Options, Security tab.
Uncheck:
"Block images and other external content in HTML email"
Click Apply
Click OK.

They can also:

Uncheck:
"Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

Money Pit

Dave
OK...but what if they don't have SP 2 installed?, then what? The reason I'm asking is, I'm having the same problem. Thanks :) Dave

bilnrobn

Bill
The other option Gerry gives is available on OE, but many people who have this option checked would be nervous about unchecking it just to see my stationery. :D Is there another way?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online