1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express incoming mail problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by seanandmary, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seanandmary

seanandmary Thread Starter

I have 2 email addresses through att.net and when I added them to my Outlook Express 5 I get all the mail at one address no matter which one it was sent to. Please let me know how to solve this problem. Thank you.

2. tushkahoma

tushkahoma

Did you add them as seperate accounts, tools, accounts, mail tab then add account?

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

You could see if your ISP supports what is known as a Virtualized Login.

Say I registered with such an ISP with [email protected] With a virtualized login, my family could get a seperate username to access the net. For instance, I could login under [email protected], and my dad could register with [email protected]

A side note: Just realised that corrosive.com is avaliable... :D

4. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

I am going to assume something here ... that you have separate accounts and that it is just a matter of all mail going to your default inbox folder ...

1. File / New folder ... create folders for each account
    2. Tools Message Rules / Mail ... create rules to send incoming Mail
    - Where the TO or CC contains People
    (click on the "underlined" and type in the eMail address)
    - Move it to the specified folder
    (click on the "underlined" and select the folder)

Name your rule ... when mail comes in, it will be automatically moved to that folder

OR

File / Identites
    ... You could set up separate Identities and put the accounts under these - it is easy to switch back and forth

am I on the right track?
    MDM

5. seanandmary

seanandmary Thread Starter

Thanks for your responses............I have set up separate accounts for each address but I haven't done anything with rules so I'll look into that and keep you posted. If anything else helpful comes to mind please let me know! Mary

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/136434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice