1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook express incoming mail server

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by danger_man, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danger_man

danger_man Thread Starter

im trying to set my tesco internet acount up using out look i have all of the settings correct but when ive turned my computer off and then come back to it the incoming mail server has changed from mail.tesco.net to a number somthing like 127.1.1.0 so every time i go into out look the server has changed and it wont recive any new email i have contacted tesco but there taking ages to respond so i thought id ask on here

thanks danger man

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi danger_man and welcome to TSG.

By any chance is the address being reset to exactly 127.0.0.1 and not 127.1.1.0? If so, are you running any anti-virus software?

127.0.0.1 is the proxy localhost address used by some anti virus applications for scanning messages:

http://antivirus.about.com/library/weekly/aa031401b.htm

3. danger_man

yes that is the number i am also running mcafee internet security 2006 how i solve this prblem

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am sorry to say that I am not familiar with Mcaffee products and would not know where to start. :(

Hopefully someone else on TSG may be able to help you get Outlook working with Mcafee. In the mean time, it might not hurt for you to list what version of Outlook you are using and what version of Windows you are running.

5. kalisun

kalisun

Open McAfee and look for the personal firewall, then you'll want to open that up and there should be a program listing that shows what programs are "allowed" access to the Internet and which ones are "blocked". Look in that list for Outlook Express and set it to "Allow All" or "Always Permit" or somethng to that effect...then save and close and try it...

hope this helped!

6. danger_man

i am using out look express 6 and running windows xp home edition

7. danger_man

ive tried the firewall settings andsame thing happens

8. ihatemyjob

ihatemyjob

Disable email scanning within your anti-virus software, this will fix problem. It's trying to scan your email *before* it's been downloaded, I see this problem fairly often in my line of work, where the incoming email server is changed to the local host (127.0.0.1).

9. danger_man

thank you very much this has solved my problem

10. ihatemyjob

ihatemyjob

No problem :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/464946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice