1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Links corrupted

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by PanamaKay, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanamaKay

PanamaKay Thread Starter

All of a sudden, whenever I click on a link in an email message, instead of taking me to that web page, I stay in the email message and have to manually close out of outlook. Then in the bottom of my page, I will find the linked web page minimized. Why don't I automatically go to the web page (maximized) as I used to? And how do I fix

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Kay
    Outlook Express looks to IE to control and open any hyperlinks that may be embedded in an E-mail message. Sometimes the communication between OE and IE becomes corrupt. I do not have a specific registry key or setting that will fix your problem, however I would suggest that you try a repair of IE and see if that fixes the hyperlink problem.
    Hopefully you are using IE and your version of IE is 5.x or greater. If it is not then the below will not work.
    Go to the control panel and find the add-remove programs.
    Scroll through the programs till you find Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.x (whatever version you have) highlight it and click remove. When the popup box appears select repair and allow it to do a repair. Once done restart your system and try a hyperlink in OE now.
    That is about all I can think of doing. Maybe others may have an idea.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Dave

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice