1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook express mail attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kim482, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kim482

kim482 Thread Starter

My husband has Outlook Express. Anytime someone sends him an attachment the paper clip appears but when you click on the paper clip the words are fairly light and you cannot open the attachment. As far as I know he hasn't had any other problems with the program. Any thing would be helpful, thanks:) :rolleyes:

2. scmazter

scmazter

In outlook, click tools>options>security> then untick the thing that says do not allow attachments, bla bla bla...... (don't you just hate microsoft?).

3. kim482

kim482 Thread Starter

i have tried that and still nothing! i clicked the little box for attachments with a virus and still nothing! thanks though

4. scmazter

scmazter

Are you serious? Did you click apply? Check now is that box still unchecked?
    Because that is the direct source of the problem, if it doesn't help then hell, nothing will. (Or at least as far as I know)

5. kim482

kim482 Thread Starter

ok, I just tried again and it worked! I don't know why it didn't work the first time I tried it, abut thanks for your help!!

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Kim:

Once you uncheck it, you need to close Outlook Express and then reopen it for the change to take effect.

You should keep it checked for safety reasons until you are ready to view attachments.

Frank's Windows 95/98 tips

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice