Outlook Express mail box full

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cowboy622

My wife is taking online courses and they use Outlook Express, (I've always used Outlook). She keeps getting the message that her mail box is overfull even after she deletes most of her posts. In looking through windows explorer, I've gone to C: > documents and settings>valued customer>Application data>Identities>{919AF9890-A3F7-11D5-9CE7-F406424FC636} >Microsoft> Outlook Express> and in the right hand pane there is a "sent items.dbx" with over 8973KB listed. If I delete this folder, will it be re-created when I launch Outlook Express? The Onlione school says if she gets over 8000KB in the mail box she'll get the warning. She has alread deleted all the sent items in the folders but this is listed when I look through Windows explorer. Any suggestions???

Cowboy622

She still gets the error message and when I navagate to that key it still says over 8000 KB stored there. I was hopping if I delete it, it would re-creat itself like the shellicon cache does in Windows.

buf

Hey Cowboy. You have a puzzle there. OE is no longer my default email client but I still get mail (usually spam) and even occasionally I will send some mail using OE. I can open the "sent mail folder" and delete the contents and then I go to the Trash folder and delete it's contents and my 'KB count' decreases. I do not delete any folders. If she/you do this, I don't understand why the KB count does not decrease. Good luck.

EDIT: If she needs those emails, could she not c/p them and save in My Documents after opening a file folder for them? (Hope I am understanding the problem)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online