1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rsimoneau, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    There are about 155 items in the Outlook Express delete box how do I empty that box ?
    Question 2: I keep getting a pop-up dialog box that reads: You or a program is requesting information from etc. etc. etc. I click cancel on the box but each time I boot up the box reappears. How do I get rid of this??
    Thank you Ralph

2. sle

sle

Hi, Ralph.
    1: Go to Deleted Items, then click on any email in there. Hit CTRL+A to Select All, then hit Delete.
    2: It'd be handy to have the full message.

3. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    Hi sle:
    Thanks again for your quick relpy. The Pop-up dialog box reads: You or a program is requesting information from bwhome.logtech.com which connection do you want?
    I hope you can tell me how to eliminate this box.
    Ralph

4. sle

sle

Ok. 1st, when is the popup box appearing? When you first start Outlook, when you try to Send/Receive, etc. 2nd, do you know what bwhome or logtech (logitech) is? Do you have software called that? Is that your ISP or your network provider? A quick search on the web indicates it could be related to BackWeb (wwww.backweb.com), a software program for businesses. It could be that Outlook is synced (for lack of a more technical word) with that software, and your computer is having connectivity issues.

EDIT: "Which connection do you want?" What kind of choices does the popup give you?

5. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    Hi Again sle:
    The dialog box is titled: Network Connection. It pops up about 2 min. after I boot up the computer (I am still not on the internet at that time). The box reads: You or a program is requesting information from bwhome.logitech.com which connection do you want. Below that is another box that has highlighted text which reads: MPC internet (which is my internet provider) below this are 3 small boxes reading (settings), (connect) & (cancel.) 2 weeks ago I installed software that came with a Logitech cordless mouse & keyboard that I bought. The software is called Logitech Medialife 3.0 & Setpoint 2.11a. I hope this additional information will help you get a handle on how I can get rid of that box.
    Ralph

6. sle

sle

Hmm. Medialife is a "media" suite, and Setpoint is software that gives more functionality for your mouse and keyboard. Tho Medialife might want to connect to the Internet to download song and artist info, I can't see why either would be bringing up Network dialog boxes. One way to rule that out would be to give Logitech a call.

I still think this could be related to BackWeb. Is this a home computer, or are you on a business network? Are you the only one using the computer? Also, can you glean anything else from hitting the Settings option in the popup dialog box?

7. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    Hello Again sle:
    To answer your question, this is a home compute and I am the only user.
    I have some new info for you, first I am now getting different text in the Popup dialog box (bwsnotif 01.Logitech.com) similar to the first box.
    Now I took your suggestion and clicked on the settings options: this is what I got. A new box labeled "Dial up Preference" 2 tabs first tab called Autodial under this "If you are disconnected from a network, auto dial attempts to connect to a network whenever you try to access remote information" below is another box labeled, "Enable auto dial by location" below this are 4 small check boxes 1. My location (this is has a check mark)
    2. Germantown, Wi "My location" (Also has a check mark)
    3. Alwaws ask me before auto dial (Also has a check mark)
    4. Disable auto dial while I am logged on (Not checked)
    The other tab Reads "Call Back". Under this is "When you dial into a server it may offer to call you back to reduce your phone charges. Specify whether you want callback. Callback is not supported for virtual private network (VPN). Below are 3 small check boxes:
    1. no callback
    2. Ask me during dialing when the server offers. (This is checked)
    3. Always call me back at the number below.
    Box: Modem Or Number: this is dimmed.
    That about it
    Thanks again for your help
    rsimoneau

8. sle

sle

Autodial tab - uncheck "always asks me before auto dial" and check "disable auto dial when I am logged on"

Call back tab - check "no callback"

See if this stops it from coming up.

9. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    Hello Again sle:
    I guess by now you must be getting tired of me !!
    All the changes you suggested worked, the next time I turned my computer on the box was GONE, but it was replaced with another problem. A box now comes up and dials up my internet provider, clicking the cancle button closes the box but it returns at once. After clicking till I was blue in the face I had to shut down the computer. When I started up again I went to all programs and clicked on Accessiories,System Tools, and System Restore and restored back a week. I guess I will just live with the orignal box.
    Thanks much for all your help.

10. sle

sle

Well, I'm just kind of guessing at this point, really. :D I understand if you're frustrated beyond doing anything else, but there's still hope.

Is your internet connection dialup? If not, WEIRD. Are there options you can fiddle with? It might also be worth your time to give a call to the ISP techs.

11. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    I do have a dial-up connection and there is only one box to check (Cancel) on that new message in addition to the Red X in the upper right corner, neither works to get rid of the box
    Thanks again for all your help!!
    ralph

12. sle

sle

Well, I would definitely give your ISP techs a call. They probably know where the settings are to make it so it's not popping up all the time. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice