1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express (Opening E-mail Link)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Dave4u, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dave4u

Dave4u Thread Starter

Hello,

When I get an e-mail that has has a link to a web site I double click to open it. It opens the link in my old Netscape browser. How do I change it to open the link with Internet Explorer browser instead of Netscape? I am using Windows XP.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

2. GENERIC

GENERIC

Hi Dave,

Could it be that Netscape is your default browser? If so, you can change such settings under the "Set Program Access and Defaults" link (itÂ’s on my start menu, if yours isn't, it can be accessed in Add/Remove area of control panel - left hand side).

Hope this helps...

3. sekirt

sekirt

....you also want to check off Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser

IE->Tools->Internet Options->Programs Tab

sekirt

4. Dave4u

Dave4u Thread Starter

Hello,

Did what you said and under the program tab the there is nothing about Internet Explorer.

Dave

5. sekirt

sekirt

Do you have SP2? If yours doesn't look like this, maybe SP2 changed it? I don't have XP, so I can't verify that.
    [​IMG]

sekirt

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice