Outlook Express opens AOL Instant Messenger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BearMom

We have the internet through our cable co. With them, we can have up to 5 mailboxes in our account. We kept the Outlook Express mailbox that we had through the dial-up provider. When we got cable, my husband wanted a mailbox so we set it up.

The problem: Everytime he opens Outlook Express into his mailbox, the little window to sign on the AOL Instant Messenger opens also. What a pain! We have never had this problem before. I am sure there is some little magic connection doing this.

Does anyone know how to disconnect these two programs????

It's not a matter of "x-ing" it out because once open, it notifies our daughter's friends and then their IM messages to her pop up over the middle of his email typing.

Open the Instant Messenger, right click its icon in the system tray and choose Preferences. Under Sign On/Off uncheck "Make AIM My Default Instant Messenger".

BearMom

Thanks, brendandonhu, that seems to have fixed it!

(what exactly is that mouse hitting??? I live too far away from Ann Arbor to see :))

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online