1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Outbox

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by VanessaC, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VanessaC

VanessaC Thread Starter

My emails are delivered to my Outbox when I hit send rather than sending them directly to the recipient. I have "Send Immediately" checked in "Send" under the Tools, and I have tried deleting the Outbox altogether but I guess it is a default because it reinstalls itself when I restart. Any suggestions?

2. monted

monted

I'm not trying to be smart, but are you on-line when you click send?

Do the messages get sent?

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi Vanessa Im not absolutely sure but I think thats how it works,and it sends them at the end of your session ....;)

4. monted

monted

If your online it should "send them immediately". Mine does.

5. imweasel

imweasel

If you can browse/surf the internet on the machine where your 'sent' emails are staying in the outbox, there could be several reasons the messages are not being sent.

Problem with the outbound email server at your isp.

Possibly a hosed acct in outlook express.

Possibly a firewall issue (if you are running one).

Even possible that port 25 (assuming smtp) is messed up.

I would try rebooting. If you still cannot send and you can surf the net fine, I would contact your isp for additional assistance to ensure there is no problem with oe configurations or a problem with your isp's outbound email server.

6. VanessaC

VanessaC Thread Starter

Yes, I am on-line when I hit send (and I don't think you are being a smarty pants.The boss here once called in a tech to fix a computer that was UNPLUGGED!!!) I can go directly to tyhe outbox and they will send.

I think it may be an inside problem problem. My hotmail account that I use for personal stuff through the same Outlook Express doesn't "Outbox" my mail. It's just inconvenient to have to go from box to another.

Scarry when an extra 7 seconds is too long to wait!:rolleyes:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice