Outlook Express Outbox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VanessaC

My emails are delivered to my Outbox when I hit send rather than sending them directly to the recipient. I have "Send Immediately" checked in "Send" under the Tools, and I have tried deleting the Outbox altogether but I guess it is a default because it reinstalls itself when I restart. Any suggestions?

I'm not trying to be smart, but are you on-line when you click send?

Do the messages get sent?

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Hi Vanessa Im not absolutely sure but I think thats how it works,and it sends them at the end of your session ....;)

If you can browse/surf the internet on the machine where your 'sent' emails are staying in the outbox, there could be several reasons the messages are not being sent.

Problem with the outbound email server at your isp.

Possibly a hosed acct in outlook express.

Possibly a firewall issue (if you are running one).

Even possible that port 25 (assuming smtp) is messed up.

I would try rebooting. If you still cannot send and you can surf the net fine, I would contact your isp for additional assistance to ensure there is no problem with oe configurations or a problem with your isp's outbound email server.

VanessaC

Yes, I am on-line when I hit send (and I don't think you are being a smarty pants.The boss here once called in a tech to fix a computer that was UNPLUGGED!!!) I can go directly to tyhe outbox and they will send.

I think it may be an inside problem problem. My hotmail account that I use for personal stuff through the same Outlook Express doesn't "Outbox" my mail. It's just inconvenient to have to go from box to another.

Scarry when an extra 7 seconds is too long to wait!:rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online