1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook express password problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by PWatkins, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PWatkins

PWatkins Thread Starter

Hi.

Have had a genera llook in the archives about this problem I am having with OE 6 - but none seem to refer to my specific trouble.

I have several accts set up in OE 6, and one of them, which was working perfectly until a few days ago, always asks me for my password when I wish to send emails. It works perfectly well when it receives them (but interestingl, I cannot find the email it says it has received in the dialogue box)! However, when attempting to send, the dialogue box opens asking for me to enter the user name and password. This even though the information is there for me to see and I have ticked the box to remember the password itself.

I have tried entering the info again - also, deleted the acct settings and re-entered them - all to no avail.

Is this just me losing my marbles or something more sinister!

Hope someone can help - this is driving me nuts.

Thanx in advance.

Paul

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice