1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express Problem (Please Help)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bushibashir, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bushibashir

bushibashir Thread Starter

Hi,

I just reinstalled Windows XP Home edition on my HP Laptop.

From the backup folder, I tried to import my Outlook Express Messages (which are in .dbx format) through the Outlook Express 6 Import Wizard.

I am facing two issues.

1. The import wizard doesn't show me all the email folders.

2. When I try to import a specific folder I get the following message.

Congratulations!

Your data from 'Microsoft Outlook Express 6' was successfully imported into Outlook Express.

Even not a single message is imported/copied from that specific file. (that file contains hundreds of messages).

Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

I will be really thankful for any help.

Note: The permission on the Email backup folder is not marked as read only.

Regards

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

Did you check the DBX files themselves for Read Only?

If that's not it, they may have corrupted.
    You can check them with a mail viewer CLICK HERE.

If the messages in the DBX files display in the viewer, it's likely the problem is with the Folders.dbx file.
    If the DBX files are good but won't Import due to a bad Folders.dbx, do the following.
    If you don't have messages in the new install that you need, copy the DBX files from your backup into the Message Store folder, overwriting any with the same names.
    Delete the Folders.dbx and when you next open OE, it will create a new one and re-index your folders (that will create any custom folders you had).

T. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice